ASHLYN'S 3RD BIRTHDAY 2012
At the beginning of June, our Ashlyn Jade turned 3-years-old! Wahoo!!! Ashlyn could...not....wait...for her birthday. About a month in advance we had to create a paper chain so that she had a visual representation of how far away her birthday was. She got it in her mind that since she was turning 3, on the 3rd, that her birthday was at 3 o'clock. So everyday at 3, she asked if it was her birthday. "No Ashlyn, not for another 20 days sweetheart." Thus the paper chain.
As usual, our celebrations are a bit low-key. This year especially because Ashlyn's birthday fell on a Sunday. I woke her up to get ready for church and told her it was her birthday finally!
![]() |
| Her CRAZY hair. This is a typical morning hair-do. |
![]() |
| The night before Justin and I decorated the living room and covered the floor in balloons. I couldn't get a good picture of her playing in them because she wouldn't stop moving! |
For presents she got a few things, but one of which was a super-hero cape I made. These pictures aren't from her birthday, but they show off the cape a little. It's two sided. She usually prefers the "super peachy" pink side.
![]() |
![]() |
| In action |
I made cupcakes after putting her to bed the night before, and decorated half of them. The other half we decorated together the next day after church. She wore a "Birthday Girl" pin on her dress to church, so everyone that saw it would ask her about her birthday and she would tell them that she was 3. When we got home from church we opened presents, ate some lunch, then did the birthday candle thing.
![]() |
| We blew the candles out about 6 or 7 times. I'd light them, she would blow them out and say "AGAIN!" |
I'm am so grateful for this little super-peach. She is always so happy, so well-behaved (as 3-year-olds go), and so beautiful. We sure love her.






Kate!! She is so cute! And I can't believe you have a three year old. Good job on catching up on your blog. I am impressed! I've been behind on mine for almost a year.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to Ashlyn! She is adorable, from her crazy hair to her super peachy cape. I love it! And love that girl!
ReplyDelete