Thursday, April 4, 2013

Easter 2013

Yay Easter!

Little Peach couldn't wait to get ready for the Easter bunny. Probably because I took her on an easter egg hunt almost two-weeks in advance.

The first one was an Easter related primary activity at the church. Having not really seen how Ashlyn interacts with other kids in primary, I stuck around. I tried to lay low, but I ended up being the annoying mom taking pictures I think. I don't have pictures of the actual egg hunt part, but I got a few of the other activities. Ashlyn had a blast:

Coloring Easter baskets



Learning about bingo

Waiting for her turn with the egg on a spoon

Eating Jellybeans




The other egg hunt we did was held at a local recreation center. (The best part was that it was free.) And they had a special part of the playground just for kids 5 and under. They only let 5 kids in at a time, so each kid got plenty of eggs. I have the cutest video of Ashlyn running around trying to find as many as she could. She definitely got the idea of urgency. But here are a few pictures of the girl:

In line waiting for her turn



Still on the lookout for eggs, she did not want to take a picture...but she did smile (sort of)

Afterwards. "Look mom, this is the perfect spot for me to sit!"

I do have to add that she picked out her whole outfit that day, and that there is a reason for every article of clothing that she was wearing. The tutu because it twirls nice, the leggings to keep her legs warm outside, the black church shoes so that she can be a princess, and the sweater to cover up the flowers on the shirt she was wearing. That was a close call...the flowers were on the wrong side of the shirt than she wanted them (the end of the world is coming!!!!)...so I suggested covering them up with a sweater...thus, the sweater.


With all of the practice, she did great finding all the eggs the Easter bunny brought to our house. And she was on a sugar high all that Sunday. The next morning she said she was hungry (the first thing out of her mouth) and I said, "yeah, well probably because you didn't eat any real food yesterday, just candy"...and she thought that was the funniest thing ever. She kept repeating it the rest of the day.

Dyeing Easter eggs the day before Easter.

What the Easter Bunny brought.

Easter Sunday Best
(I particularly enjoy her little fat arm rolls)

I want Candy too!



In addition to Ashlyn getting ready for Easter, I also ended up having to do some preparation. I had the "opportunity" to speak in sacrament meeting on Easter Sunday. While I don't really stress much about speaking in front of people, this stressed me a little. Because, usually, if people go to church on only two days a year it is Easter and Christmas. But I feel that all went well. And with my talk being on the Mortal Christ, studying the life and deeds and purpose of Christ here in mortality really helped focus my mind on why we celebrate Easter. I am so grateful for the reminder I received in preparing that talk. That our Savior accomplished so many great and marvelous things during his life on earth, fulfilling many different purposes. But that the greatest triumph was, after descending below all and suffering for our sins and dying on the cross, that he was resurrected and lives. How grateful I am for His love and for the love of our Heavenly Father. I only hope that I can pass that onto my little girlies and teach them about the Savior and how much they are loved and cherished by their Heavenly Father.

Hope you all had a great Easter, however you celebrate it!



.

2 comments:

  1. Peach looks so big in those Primary photos! Good job doing Easter, Momma! I wish I could have been there to gear your talk, this was beautiful. Love you.

    ReplyDelete