Saturday, December 11, 2010

SNOW!

Although Indiana is far away from everyone, we picked a good winter to do it. We were fortunate enough to miss out on the "driving home" nightmare that Thanksgiving was this year (many roads and passes from Idaho to Oregon to Washington closed down due to awful snow and storms) and we have only had one day of good snow. I can't say that I'm missing the Rexburg in that regards.

I took Ashlyn out in the snow, and she didn't quite know what to do with it. Although she warmed up (cooled up?) to it when I handed her a snowball to hold. She carried that thing around the whole time we were outside. If she crumpled it or dropped it on accident I would have to make her another one. She would have brought it inside if she could have, and probably would have given it a name if she was older.



Here is Ashlyn with her snowball Fluffy



She loved walking through the fresh snow and making new tracks...



but she wasn't quite sure what mommy was doing when I tried to get her to make a snow angel with me...


I'm glad we got out and played while we did. The snow is now gone, thanks to two days of 36 degree weather (take that Rexburg). I think Ashlyn had fun, even if I was the one making snow angels and snowmen...I think I can get used to this being a mommy thing.




.

3 comments:

  1. Too cute, Kate! I think you should have posted a picture of you making a snow angel! Ashlyn looks so adorable with her snowball baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks mom! Yeah, I didn't think ashlyn would be able to take a picture of me making a snow angel. And I didn't trust her enough with the camera to try it =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. I wanna see Kate making a snow angel. Next post?

    ReplyDelete