Baby Lexi finally made it!!!!
Lexi Lynn Tolman was born October 24th at 9:19pm. She weighed 7lbs, 6oz, and was 20.5 inches long.
For those of you who want the story, read the following paragraphs...if you don't care...then skip down to the pictures. =)
I had had a Dr's appointment the day before where I was told not much was going on. I was at 1cm, where I had been for 2 weeks. During the time leading up to my due date and after, there were 3 times that the baby could not come. 1) The day/time we had to pick Jessie up from the airport, 2) The day/time we had to drop Jessie off at the airport and 3) The day/time we had to pick my mom up from the airport. #1 and #2 came and went just fine. But go figure that my mom was set to fly into Indianapolis (an hour away) the night of the 24th.
The morning of the 24th contractions started around 1am, but were on and off. I would have them for a couple hours, but then they go away for an hour or so. Around 3pm they started again but some were strong, some were not, some were really close at 3-4 minutes apart, others were almost 10 minutes apart. Having been induced the first time, I had no idea what this meant. Are they real? We are supposed to go into the hospital at 5 min apart, but what if some are 3 min, and others are 10? Around 4:30, they were all pretty close, but some were strong, and some were pretty weak. I decided to head into the Dr's office, where they could tell me what to do. At 4:45 I was checked at a 3cm. Doctor says it's the real thing and to head to the hospital. He said that it wasn't a real rush and that we should go home, get a snack, take my daughter to whoever was watching her, and then head over. So we begin to do just that. But as we grab some food and get home, my contractions start getting stronger and much closer together and I decide we need to go... now.
I get into the hospital room and by 5:30 I'm at 4cm. Things were moving fast. The nurse taking care of me was great (mainly because she moved quickly to "manage my pain") and the anesthesiologist was my favorite person in the world by the time he was through. After the epidural kicked in it was nice to just watch the charts and say, "oh look, another contraction....ooooh, that was a big one." Things kept moving fast, and by 9pm it was time to push, and by 9:19pm we had a new baby girl. (Justin left soon after to pick my Mom up, saving her from having to rent a car and find her way to the hospital on her own.) Everything went perfectly, and Lexi turned out even more perfect.
Ashlyn took some time to warm up to her baby sister. At first she wouldn't even LOOK at her. But by the time we left the hospital, she was doing much better and would touch her feet or hands. By NOW I often have to tell her to back off a little bit. Go figure.
 |
| Getting some cuddle time with Mommy. Isn't my hospital gown sexy? |
 |
| Cuddle time with Daddy |
 |
| The hospital threw a "Big Sister Party" for Ashlyn, complete with cake, ice cream and drinks. She loved it. |
 |
| She is one sleepy baby |
 |
| Getting ready to go home. |
 |
| Welcome to the family, Lexi!!! |
She's beautiful, Kate. You and Justin have a good recipe :) Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteAnother beautiful baby for the family - darling photos and we're so happy everyone is here, happy, and healthy!!! Congratulations to you all!!
ReplyDeleteLove you!
She is gorgeous. I'm so happy for you guys. And how do babies just know the "right" timing? Glad she's here and everyone is healthy and doing well. Now... good luck with the job/move!!
ReplyDelete