Saturday, October 29, 2011

September Spectacular

Once again, I am WAY behind on my blog postings. I kind-of skipped the month of September, and it looks like I will barely make October's post before the month is out..*Sigh* I guess life just keeps moving on, regardless of whether I have blogged or not. Imagine that.

We will start with September, and this is going to me more like a picture blog, since pictures are worth 1000 words, right? (makes my job easier and makes little Ashlyn do all the work for once!) Here goes...


One of the last times playing in the water outside, she had a blast. (if you can't tell, she is laughing, not crying...)



Playing outside in the water was followed by a change of clothes and warming up with blankets inside.



It started getting too cool outside to play in the pool. But we found a use for it. Who knew they could be just as fun inside? She LOVES it.




Ashlyn and I went outside and read in our chairs while we waited for daddy to come home from school. (Not much reading was done on her part.)




Playing in Barnes & Noble while waiting for our car at Best Buy. We had to get the remote starter removed, it started messing with the electronics on our car and we had a phantom that kept turning our car on at random times. It was a sad day, and we will miss getting into a warm (or cool) car. BUT Ashlyn had fun with the trains.




Ashlyn loves going to the Library. The main attraction, however, is the kiddie computers with games and videos on them. They have animated versions of popular books. But doesn't that kind of defeat the point of the LIBRARY? At least it keeps her busy while I pick out some books for us to read during the next week. I tried to keep her interested in the books and all I got was a trail of books pulled off the shelf and thrown onto the floor, headed back to the computer...Ooops.




Another picture from the library. Ashlyn loves to sit next to these statue kids. She will hold their hand (as pictured) or sometimes pretend to read the book with them. Or just sit on the bench and swing her feet. What a nut.




We played dress-up with jewelry


We painted each others toenails (no...I am not bleeding...it's paint...I promise....)





We baked lots of cookies. She is the stirring queen.






We had some driving lessons.







We did some painting.




We went to the zoo...again. It's nothing special, but it's free...so it makes it special to me!  We went in the late afternoon, and it was a little blustery. There were hardly any other kids running around, so this munchkin had reign of the whole place. The animals for some reason were going NUTS. The monkeys were hollering, the wallabys leaping everywhere, the singing dogs were...well...singing...you get it. This little water tunnel is in the river otter exhibit. Usually you don't see the otters doing much, but the otters followed the cue from the other animals, and were playing like crazy. As soon as Ashlyn got in there, they were swimming loops around this tunnel, and Ashlyn (and ME!) was thrilled. She settled right in to watch. 
They are so fast swimming around that this was the best shop I could get.

There are animal prints in the cement all around the zoo. Everytime Ashlyn sees a paw-print...."A Clue! A Clue!!!" (can you name the show???)




These trees were all around the park and they all started changing colors the same way. With a random stripe of red leaves. The rest of the tree is completely green and normal looking. I thought it was weird. So I took a picture...and...well, that's all. Moving on...


Well thanks for suffering through this post to the end. Here's one last picture of this little Daddy's girl, to top off our September Spectacular:


Hugs to everyone. We love you all and we miss you all!






.

1 comment:

  1. Love all the pictures Katie! The one of your toenails cracked me up. You are such a nice mommy to let her paint yours. And that Ashlyn is such a doll.
    Love you!
    Jessie

    ReplyDelete