Monday, October 31, 2011

An Alba Affair

My younger sister Erin and her husband Tristan had a baby!!! Yay!!! Luckily living out in Indiana actually put me closer to family in this case (for once), and I was able to make the day drive down to Georgia where they are living and see little Parker! I was so excited...not only to see my beautiful new nephew (of course) and my cute sister and her fun hubby (double of course)...but I admit I was kind of excited to to drive through and see 3 new states on the way.  Here is a short documentation of my trip:

Indiana

Louisville, Kentucky. It smelled like Kentucky Fried Chicken when I crossed into Kentucky (...no really...I'm serious...There was actually a KFC factory right there...look, it's in the picture.)


Nashville, Tennessee.

And Georgia to follow soon. That's about all I saw of Kentucky and Tennessee. Other than a gas station or two. So there...now you could say you've been there too...since you've seen about what I've seen. =)

But really...here's the main attraction:

Little Parker Tristan Alba.

Very little.


And very sweet.
My mom was a baby hog. =)
But I got plenty of baby time in.

Daddy and Baby dressing up for a BYU football game.


While we were in Georgia, Erin and Tristan took us to Stone Mountain, which was down in a beautiful park. There was an art show/festival going on...The Yellow Daisy festival, one of the top rated arts and crafts shows in the nation. So we walked around that for a while.

The show was in a perfect location, nice and shady, and it was a perfect day. Until Tristan told me to watch out for ticks...I was itchy the rest of the day.

Georgia pretty much had trees like this everywhere, not just the park.

But we didn't head to the park for the arts and craft show. Even though it's 2nd in the nation, we didn't even know it was going on. What Erin and Tristan wanted to show us was the Confederate Memorial carving that is a huge relief carved right into the side of a (you guessed it) stone mountain. Granite. It is a little hard to see it from the pictures, but the carved surface measures 3 acres, or three football fields (thanks wikipedia.) It features three confederate leaders, Jefferson Davis, Robert E. Lee, and Stonewall Jackson, and their horses (do you want the names of the horses too??? Blackjack, Traveller, and Little Sorrel).




While there are hiking trails going closer and up the mountain, we opted out, considering one of the people in our party had just given birth less than a week before. (Honestly I was surprised we were even out...I guess I was just a wimp when I had my baby!!!)

That's pretty much it for my adventure down south. Most of it was looking at and holding sweet little Parker. We are going to head down there again as soon as a good weekend comes up...this time with Ashlyn and the hubby. I can't wait.




.

No comments:

Post a Comment