So with the good help of some of our lucky ward members to unload the truck, and my wonderful, beautiful sister Erin (who drove up from Georgia to help move in and distract little miss Ashlyn), we finally got all moved in! Wahoo!
Here is a tour:
 |
| Here's our living room when you walk in the front door...Ashlyn's box house included. |
 |
| View of the living room from the kitchen |
 |
| The kitchen...a little small...but we made it work. Thank goodness for the utility room (off to the left.) |
 |
| Upstairs Bathroom |
 |
| Ashlyn finally has her own room! The decorations in here are courtesy of my sister Jessie. (Thanks! The flags are perfect.) With the left-over fabric Jessie sent me from the flags, I made a tie for the curtain and strips to hang on the wall for all her flowers that she won't wear. The round "A" is from Debbie and it is also just perfect. Thanks Debbie! |
 |
| Our computer room. Bigger than the last one. In this picture we were still doing a little "moving in." It was the last room in the house to get finished. |
 |
| Our bedroom. It is literally a "bed room" because nothing else will fit in there. |
 |
| But at least it comes with a walk in closet. (Not large, but I'll take it!) |
So far we love the apartment. It's so much bigger than the last, and Ashlyn seems a lot happier with more room to move around. We also have a small back porch, and a small deck that comes off the master bedroom. We don't really use them, since we don't have any patio furniture...and can't really afford to spend any money on patio furniture. But I'm hoping maybe next summer I can try and have a little garden on the deck. We will see.
I do have to make a comment here about the SPIDERS. I HATE spiders. Anyone that has known me for a long time knows that. And I swear we have just moved into spider headquarters. Our front and back porch had webs and spiders crawling all over. I took a broom and brushed down the webs, but the next day they were all back. So I have been on a spraying frenzie. I used an entire can on the front and back porches (would have used more, but I ran out.) and it has kept them away for a while. I was lulled into a false sense of security. Doing laundry a monster of a spider dropped out of one of the towels I picked up. It ran for me and I was scared for my life. It was the first time I actually screamed and got up on a chair. I made Justin kill it. And he did. Even if he rolled his eyes the whole time doing it. The next time I went into the laundry room, the lights went out. I'm telling you...they're coming after me...and I have been on my tippy toes in that utility room ever since. But then last night I went down to the kitchen and sitting there in the middle of the floor was another huge one. In plain sight. I think it did it on purpose, to let me know that they were going to come after me for killing the queen in the laundry room. Now I'm just waiting for them to carry me off one of these days.
 |
| They looked just like this...I swear |
.
Your place in Indiana looks waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay smaller than your Rexburg apt..
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad the flags worked! The place looks great.
ReplyDeleteCute place! I hate moving but it's so nice once it's all finally organized and in place.
ReplyDelete