Sunday, January 13, 2013

The best Daddy ever

So...I have decided that Justin is the best daddy ever. I have decided this before, but I wanted to share this story, because I just think it is so cute.

It all revolves around this cute little girl:



And this drawing:









Ashlyn colored this at church in nursery.  She was so proud of it. She showed both of us how pretty it was. She didn't want to let it go and insisted on carrying it out to the car, even though it was crrrrazy windy outside.

"Hold on really tight Ashlyn, it's really windy out there."

Justin got caught talking in the building, and I decided to take the the girls out to the car. I was carrying Lexi in her car seat, so Ashlyn was holding on tight to her picture.

Not tight enough.

The wind swept it out of her hand and started blowing away. I had just set the baby in the car, so she was safe, but now I have a 3-year-old dashing out into the parking lot after this picture. If I was to run fast enough, I could pass Ashlyn and maybe get the picture for her. But doing so would leave my little girl in the middle of the parking lot as church was getting out. Soooo...I chose my daughter (the correct choice I believe). Unfortunately, as I held Ashlyn, we watched the picture blow away in the wind. She looked at me as if she couldn't believe I wasn't going after it. Not sad or crying (yet), just expectant.

By now it was far enough away, that there was no way this mommy was going to run after it. Not in a dress, not in heels, not recently having given birth, not into the marshy, mushy field. I thought about it, but I knew the moment I reached to grab it, the wind would sweep it away. So I started the speech that it was gone and that we would have to color another picture when we got home. But I didn't get very far...

Out came super Daddy.

Ashlyn runs to him, tells him what happens, and points to the paper, stuck on a bush, in the marsh. And Daddy, in his Sunday best, runs the 70ish yards, all the way over and gets the picture for her.

THAT is why this daddy is the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment