I know the title of this blog is a little redundant, but I feel it fits our humble little THANKSgiving.
We were fortunate enough to have a very special, super-duper guest visit us here in Indiana. Justin's sister Chelsea came out for a few days and little peaches was...well...borderline obsessed? She LOVES her aunt Chawchee. Poor Chelsea didn't get a moments rest until Ashlyn was in bed for the night. It was adorable to watch, and this mommy was THANKful for the extra help!
It was a short visit, and I'm afraid Chelsea didn't see much of Indiana, since our drives from and to the airport were in the dark. But she got a full tour of our little house, ashlyn's bedroom, and ashlyn's toybox, all courtesy of our Little Peaches. We also toured around Purdue campus, went shopping for purdue clothing, and after Ashlyn went to bed, I stole aunt Chawchee and took her to see Eclipse with me (as I knew Justin would rather kill himself than go with me....)
Here is a little summary of our wonderful little THANK-filled holiday:
 |
| I am THANKful for wonderful aunts that keep wonderful children occupied while I cook. |
 |
| I am THANKful for glue-sticks and colored paper |
 |
| I am THANKful for Ashlyn and Chelsea |
 |
| I am THANKful for silly thanksgiving turkey crafts |
 |
| I am THANKful for cookie dough (yum) and for cute little aprons |
|
 |
| I am THANKful for silly smiles, frosting, and the joy that something as simple as sprinkles can bring. |
 |
| I am THANKful for cool fountains and cute friends to take pictures of |
 |
| I am THANKful for Purdue, education, and schools...and the giant pencil. |
 |
| I am THANKful for my little family, and for getting a semi-decent picture on a blustery day. |
 |
| I am double THANKful for my little family, and the fun that we have together...this message brought to you by the letter P. |
|
|
It was such a fun couple days. We love and miss our Chelsea. But we are so THANKful that she was able to come out. We are THANKful for our family that lives far away but still loves and supports us. We are THANKful for Indiana and the experiences we are gaining by living here. We are THANKful for all our many many blessings. We are THANKful, most of all for the gospel and the birth and atoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ, who is the reason for the upcoming Christmas season.
We are so Blessed.
.
Looks like you had a wonderful visit with Chelsea! I am so THANKful for you, Justin, and Ashlyn who make me smile and who I love so much!
ReplyDelete