Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Haunted Halloween

For Halloween...

We decorated:

I eventually had to put these decorations higher up on the window, because they would disappear from the window and reappear crumpled and jammed into the most random of spots.






We carved Pumpkins:


Ashlyn wanted a "happy pumpkin"...I think he looks very happy. Good job me...oops, I mean Ashlyn.

Justin's Android pumpkin. "Drroooiid"

My spooky witch








We got dressed up: 


Okay, so Ashlyn was the only one to dress up. Go Purdue!!!!
Ra! Ra! Ra!

We couldn't resist this little outfit when we saw it months ago.
  I figured this was the last year that I could pick what she wore for Halloween without her caring.



The ribbons in her hair added just the right touch.

While she didn't have much input, she didn't seem to mind. She liked her pom pom. (Ignore the plunger in the background...she wanted to bring that instead of the pom pom. Mom said no.)









We went to the ward trunk-or-treat:



Ashlyn still wasn't quite sure what to think of all the crazy kiddos running around dressed up crazy.


We decorated our trunk and used our power adaptor to plug in our pumpkin lights, and little battery candles to light our pumpkins. It doesn't look as cool now, but once it got dark, our trunk was cool looking. We got lots of compliments, although I think it was just because ours was one of the only ones lit up in the dark.
Then we went trunk-or-treating!!! It was so cute listening to her whisper "trick or treat" just barely loud enough for people to hear.

She slowly got a hang of it when she realized they were giving her candy.










We ate lots of Candy:


"Look mom, Candy!"

"A Mommy tax!? Don't even think about it!"






We had loads of fun:


Happy (late) Halloween!












.

No comments:

Post a Comment