Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Recent Shenanigans

The last couple weeks finally saw a little variety added to our hum-drum life. You know when Ashlyn starts to get out Daddy's ties just to lay on them, or snuggle up on a staircase, that she is really stretching for things to do and could definitely use a little mix-up.

Maybe I should get her some silk sheets?

Did I mention she loves the stairs?


To start off with, we got Ashlyn a big-girl bed. We decided she was getting a little tall for the pack-and-play we have had her sleeping in. We were a little nervous about how she would adapt, whether she'd like it, whether she'd like it a little too much and try to get out, whether we'd wake up every night to her crying on the floor...but we needn't have worried (is "needn't" a word?). Just like any other "big" transition we have made, she made this transition flawlessly, like she had been doing it her whole life.

Want to drink out of a bottle instead of breastfeeding, or a sippy cup instead of a bottle?
Sure mom, whatever.
Want your own room Ashlyn? Sure mom, whatever.
Want to feed yourself? Sure mom, whatever.
No more bottles ever? Sure mom, whatever.
New big-girl bed? Sure mom, whatever.
....Well, actually that last one was more like..."AWESOME! I love it mom!"
(Do kids these days still say "awesome"?)

She couldn't wait to try it out

Her bed is usually populated with no less than 4 doggies

I tried to convince her to take another nap to try it out, but she wouldn't. Imagine that...

So basically, I have the coolest daughter in the world. You may think you have the coolest, but you don't. Well...except for my mom...she has the coolest daughter in the world. =) (har har)


Justin also had a birthday the beginning of April! We went out to eat to Buffalo Wild Wings, and when he came home from priesthood session he walked into a beeeautiful wonderland of tacky streamers. He also got a Call-of-Duty cake and some presents. While I always wish I could do more for this hubby of mine, I hope he got the message that he is loved and appreciated. (Love you Justy!)




oreo rubble, little army men, and bombs bursting overhead

my handsome manly man

concentrating very hard on her strategy...

We also had a bunch of visitors. My sister Erin and her husband Tristan came up from Atlanta for a weekend. We don't have any pictures, but we had a lot of fun. Justin's friend Jeff also came for half a week, and I kicked their tails in a couple games of Settlers of Catan: Cities & Knights. (okay, so it wasn't that impressive of victories, but I did win both times we played!) And then of course we had a visit from Grandma and Grandpa Tolman. I DID get a few pictures of this visit, but I'm positive that grandma got more.


Did someone say grandma!?
This little girl LOVES her grandparents. For a few days after they left she was asking where "mama and papa" was, and everytime she sees a red car she thinks it might be grandma coming back to visit her. (mama and papa is how she says grandma and grandpa, just repeating the last syllable. I am just "mom" and Justin is just "dad" or "dadi".) At least so far, Debbie, she is only associating you guys with RED cars, and not the make and model of the awesome rental you had. =)

Cuddles with Grandma

She LOOOOVEd grandma's jewelry bag

We have had our share of stormy weather. We got drenched while shopping at a tent sale with Jeff, and we had a tornado touch down two or three miles from where our house is a week before, but mostly we just get thunderstorms rolling in. We've had a ton of rain, and it has caused the river we sit on to swell a bit.  I took Ashlyn to a park by the river on a sunny day after all the rainstorms, and it was a little flooded...

Luckily the part with the toys was up a hill and still dry
Here's a pic from the same park on the pedestrian bridge that goes over the Wabash river



Anyway,it has been really fun the last couple weeks, having family and friends come to visit and finally being able to get out of our house.






.

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely love these photos! I love that Ashlyn will gather up Dad's ties and use them for a bed! How cute is that! She looks so content in her new bed! Wish I could give her big hugs! Guess I'll have to wait a couple months to do that! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete